Frequently Asked Questions.
Solo Studio from R6,360 to R6,630
Double Up Bunk from R4,440
Double Up Bunk + from R4,860
Apartment Single from R5,880
Apartment Double Up from R3,740
Accessible Shared Studios for persons with disabilities from R5,290
The Lease Agreement is for 10, 11 or 12 months.
The Student Community fee is an all-access fee to attend and be part of all the Student Life & Community activities. You will also receive a welcome pack (incl House T-Shirt) – it is compulsory.
Yes, you may cancel the lease at any time. There is however an early cancellation penalty as per the lease agreement – in accordance with the Rental Housing Act and CPA Act.
Yes, you are welcome to apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org – there is limited space so please book quickly. The cost is R350 per parking bay per month.
Yes, you can pay your registration fees & deposit in two payments of R1,400 and R1,500 each BEFORE your contract commences or you move in.
If you’re on the exclusive package & have not added electricity to your monthly package, yes.
If electricity forms part of your package & you exceed the allocated amount, yes.
You can purchase electricity from the usual suppliers like Engen & Pick n Pay or from the S@B office.
I HAVE PAID THE R2,900 ONCE-OFF REGISTRATION FEES & DEPOSIT BUT CAN NO LONGER MOVE IN, DO I GET A REFUND?
You can get a refund on your R1,500 deposit if you give S@B 30-day notice prior to the commencement of your contract/lease agreement. The R1,400 once-off fees are non-refundable.
No. Bring your own iron, board, laundry basket, detergent & fabric softener.
Bring microwave safe bowls & induction oven pots & pans as well as a kettle, cutlery, crockery, ice trays and cleaning materials.
Yes. Qualifying NSFAS students will receive meal vouchers. Private students can purchase meals to eat in or use our on-site restaurant @ LKRR.
No, the exercise will do you good
No, the safety of our students is very important to us.
Yes, please see House Rules for protocol on the #burnett365 portal.
Yes, you have computers & unlimited WiFi to your disposal [for academic pursuits only].
No. We are situated in the student hub of Hatfield which offers ample transport to outlying areas via taxi, bus, Uber and the Gautrain.
- Towels, toiletries & medicine (pain killers, plasters, antiseptic cream, etc.)
- Bed linen (duvet, pillow, fitted sheet)
- Kettle & toaster
- Plates, glasses & mugs
- Cooking utensils, cutlery, induction cooking pots & pans, can opener, plastic food containers
- Cleaning detergents (dishwashing liquid, washing powder, softener, etc.)
- Laundry bag, basket & iron
- Mop, broom, bucket & refuse bags
- Clothes, clothes hangers & shoes
- Desk supplies, table lamp, stationery, note books, folders, campus bag or backpack
- Umbrella or rain coat
- Healthy food
- Extension cord, double adaptor 7two point plug adaptors
- Padlock 40mm
- Personal items to make your space your own
NSFAS Info Pack:
- Studios@Burnett is NSFAS accredited.
- We are accredited by the University of Pretoria & Varsity College.
- Start your Studios@Burnett accommodation application now to create a profile & log in details by clicking APPLY NOW.
- We are awaiting feedback on the NSFAS accommodation fee for 2022. Once received we will be able to offer information on which option will best suit your needs and top-ups if applicable.
- Your NSFAS fees will NOT cover registration fees and deposit @ R2,900 total.
- You can pay your registration fees & deposit in two payments of R1,400 & R1,500 each BEFORE your contract commences or you move in.
- If your electricity usage goes over the allocated allowance per month, you will be responsible to top-up with pre-paid electricity.
- We are awaiting feedback on the NSFAS fees for 2022. Once received we will be able to offer information on monthly meal vouchers. Meals are freshly prepared on-site.
- Your stay includes access to our Student Life Programme & 24/7 on-site Student Life Manager for crises support.
- Safe & secure we offer 24/7 on-site security, CCTV cameras & Biometrics access at ALL entrances.
- UP important dates: 12 Feb 2022 – Welcome Day / 14 – 18 Feb 2022 – Orientation / 21 Feb 2022 – Lectures Commence.
- NSFAS applications are NOW OPEN. Click below APPLY NSFAS to start your application.
- You will receive your NSFAS approval after matric results are released on 20 Jan 2022.
- Once you receive your NSFAS approval, log into your profile on APPLY NOW & upload your approval.